Each and every time I find myself away from the Lord I turn to these steps below to remind me of the God who loves me.
- Step 1 Find a quiet comfortable place where you can spend 20 to 30 minutes uninterrupted.
- Step 2 Say the following prayer, “Jesus, send me your Holy Spirit. Work in my heart as I try to know you. Draw me O King…”
- Step 3 Read the Gospel for 10 to 15 minutes. Read them in order and try to keep your thoughts about the reading simple. When you make it to the end of the 4th gospel start over and continue.
- Step 4 After your 10 to 15 minute reading say this prayer to yourself, “Jesus, draw me to you. Speak to me.”
- Step 5 Spend just 10 to 15 minutes in silence. Listening. Waiting.
The Lord Jesus is constantly drawing us to himself. If we open ourselves to His beautiful life in the Gospels and surrender to Him in powerful silence He will slowly melt our hearts of stone and hold us in loving embrace. Inside of that loving embrace we will have no choice but to fall head over heels with the one whom we were created for.
To fall in love with God is the greatest of romances… St. Augustine