The Seven Weapons:
- Be careful always to do good.
- To believe we can never achieve anything truly good by ourselves.
- To trust in God and, for His love, never to fear the battle against evil, either in the world or in ourselves.
- To meditate frequently on the events and words of Jesus’ life, especially His passion and death.
- To remember that we must die.
- To keep the benefits of heaven firmly in our minds.
- To be familiar with Holy Scripture, keeping it in our hearts to guide all our thoughts and actions.
The Evil One tried time and again to take St. Catherine’s heart from the Lord but she remained faithful always knowing her place in the kingdom of God. These seven spiritual teachings passed on to us from her will help us to crush the head of the serpent in our life.
St. Catherine of Bologna…Pray for us!