While I am not advocating you hold a feast and sacrifice an animal, gratefulness is a very important part of our spiritual life. Gratefulness shows humility. When we thank God, we acknowledge that He has worked in our life.
Here are Some tips to Cultivate a spirituality of Gratitude:
- Make the first thing you do when you wake up a “Thank you” to God. (For one more day, for your life, even for a good nights sleep)
- Make a list of the things in your life that you cherish. Keep it with your bible or prayer book. Add it to your prayer life.
- Make a list of the trials you are going through or have gone through and thank God for those each day.
- Thank God everyday for being born in or being brought into the Catholic Church. It is the greatest gift of your life.
- Make the last thing you do at night a “Thank you” to Jesus. (For another day, for the prospect of a new day, for Him, for everything)