Here are some things you can do that may help:
- Develop a devotion to the Prophets (pray for their intercession, learn about them, imitate them)
- Spend more time reading the Gospel. Make time everyday for the Gospel. Imagine, when you are reading, that you are in a conversation with Jesus. Ask Him questions.
- Pray for God to set up “divine appointments” for you to share Him with others. ( I pray this prayer every single morning and it’s great but be careful because it works.)
- Give more time in prayer to listening and being docile to the Holy Spirit. (Elijah encountered God in the “still small voice”)
- Pray that God will Baptize you in the Holy Spirit and give you more and more of His Spirit each day. (This will put you into hyper drive missionary mode. In fact you may, at first, annoy family and friends from being so zealous.)
- Pray for the “Prophets” that introduced us to Christ.
- The most important part is to become more like Christ. Without this all else is useless. People need to see the love of Christ within you.
Our knowledge of Jesus is in need above all of a living experience: Another person’s testimony is certainly important, as in general the whole of our Christian life begins with the proclamation that comes to us from one or several witnesses. But we ourselves must be personally involved in an intimate and profound relationship with Jesus.
Pope Benedict XVI
It is necessary to awaken again in believers a full relationship with Christ, mankind’s only Savior.
Only from a personal relationship with Jesus can an effective evangelization develop.
Pope John Paul II
Elijah, Prophet of Old. Pray for us!
St. John the Baptist. Pray for us!